CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mandarin Chicken in the Crockpot

I had a couple of request for this favorite, easy family recipe - so here it easy.  Even my teen boys make this. (If I'm out of ginger I've left it out as well - but I usually buy a bottle or tube of the fresh garlic and ginger at walmart and it lasts me a couple of months in the fridge.  We have this every 2-3 weeks)

MANDARIN CHICKEN (Mock PANDA EXPRESS)
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tbl. Lemon juice
2 tsp. Vegetable oil
2 tsp. Minced fresh garlic
1 tsp. Minced fresh ginger
1/2 cup water
3 Tbl. Cornstarch
6 skinless boneless chicken thigh fillets
• Put chicken thighs in crockpot, pour other ingredients on top, except water and constarch.  Mix water and cornstarch in bowl and add to mixture.
• Cook on high about 4 hours or low 6-8 hrs.
• Cook rice and serve over rice.
Adapted from Top Secret Recipes by Vera Jones

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to share your crockpot Stroganoff...it's still my favorite crockpot recipe. 3 min to prep and tastes amazing. I LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete